**UPDATE 4/15/21: Tentative Wave Schedule posted
**UPDATE 4/15/21: NEW for 2021 Event: Teams will be required to supply two (2) volunteers from their pool of spectators to assist with officiating responsibilities. One volunteer will serve as a line judge, and one will work at the scorer's table. This format will allow each team to play 3 back-to-back matches with no work or off team.
The general format for day 1 is a 4-team pool played over 2 courts. Each wave will take three (3) hours. Day 2 will be pool or bracket play with each team guaranteed at least 2 matches.
- Wave 1: 8am / 8:30 am start time.
- Wave 2: 12:30pm / 1pm start time.
- Wave 3: 5:00pm / 5:30pm start time.
- The general format for day one is 4-team pools played on 2 courts*. Day 2 will be pool or bracket play with each team guaranteed at least two matches. Additional details:
- Each wave on Day 1 will take three (3) hours. We will run three waves on day so start times will be 8am/830am; 1230pm/1pm; or 5pm/530pm.
- With no work teams due to the COVID-19 friendly format we will be providing officiating coverage as follows:
- We will provide each court with a certified R1 and R2.
- Each team will provide TWO parents from their spectator allocation to serve two roles relating to officiating:
- Line Judge
- Scorer’s table – where there will be a flip scorer, Baller TV ipad, and simplified score sheet
- These individuals will each need to complete a WAIVER that will need to be submitted at team check in. THEY DO NOT NEED TO BE ON THE TEAM’s ROSTER or USAV members.
*we anticipate some division sizes will not support this exact format but teams will each have 5 match equivalents guaranteed for the weekend
- Per NC Governor's Announcement on 11/23 - All participants at the 2021 City of Oaks Challenge will be required to wear mask during the competition, including while competing during matches. Age exemption applies for ages 5 & under ONLY in North Carolina. The process for getting a medical exemption is forthcoming, but will require it be on file prior to team check-in.
- NEW Details for 2021 Check-In forthcoming
- City of Oaks Challenge is sanctioned by USA Volleyball through the Carolina Region [CR teams note that the City of Oaks Challenge counts towards eligibility for CR Championships].
The City of Oaks Challenge is an Open Entry tournament [first come, first served] sanctioned by USAV/Carolina Region.
- Entry Fees:
- Junior Girls' - $575.00 per team if paid by check [NEW rate for 2-day event]
- Junior Boys' - $200 [14U - one day event], $350 [16 & 18U - 2 day event] per team
- A service fee will apply to any credit card payments.
- Registration opens in Advanced Event Systems [AES] November 1st, 2020.
- Hotels - Hotels will be open in late January/early February through Team Travel Source for the NEW dates for the City of Oaks Challenge.
- Late Registration: March 17, 2021
- Roster Deadline: April 1, 2021
- Refund Policy: A full refund will be given with written notice to Triangle Volleyball Club [email@example.com] if recieved by March 6th, 2021 at 5PM. There will be no refunds for withdrawn or dropped teams after this date.
- Event Cancellation Policy: In the event that the City of Oaks Challenge is cancelled due to public health guidance or executive order relating to COVID-19, Triangle Volleyball Club and the City of Oaks tournament staff will make every effort to refund the majority of each team’s entry fee (less any credit card processing fees) after an accounting of all recoverable expenses. Minimally, teams should expect that $25 of each team’s registration fee will be retained and considered nonrefundable in the event of a cancellation to cover tournament administrative fees.
- Waitlist: Teams not able to be accepted into the event will be placed on a waitlist. Checks for waitlisted teams will be held until after the conlusion of the event or until the team formally withdraws.
To Enter Event:
- Visit AES to enter teams [Rosters are not required for tournament entry]
- Print and sign tournament entry form
- Submit entry form and payment via check or credit card through AES [All checks payable to "Triangle Volleyball Club", 121 Competition Center Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560]
- Team Selection Process: Teams are selected on a first come, first served basis.
- GIRLS - 12U, 13U, 14U, 15U, 16U, 17U/18U*
- BOYS - 14U Boys [Sunday only], 16U Boys [Sat/Sun] and 18U Boys [Sat/Sun]
- Triangle reserves the right to offer an invitational division for selected age groups
- Teams must play within their age division [no playing up]