GENERAL INFORMATION: The City of Oaks Challenge is an Open Entry tournament [first come, first served] sanctioned by USAV/Carolina Region.
- Entry Fees: 11-12u girls: $200, 12U - 18U girls: $650; 16U-18U Boys: $375; 14 Boys: $200
- Registration: Registation opens October 9th in AES
- Hotels: City of Oaks Challenge is NOT a Stay-To-Play event, however, we have secured rooms through Team Travel Source to assist with booking.
- Late Registration: Late registration date is 12/12/2023 and there is a $25 late registration fee.
- Refund Policy: A full refund will be given provided we receive written/email notification by posted refund date. There will be no refunds for withdrawn or dropped teams after this date.
- Event Cancellation Policy: In the event that City of Oaks is cancelled, Triangle Volleyball Club and the City of Oaks tournament staff will make every effort to refund the majority of each team’s entry fee (less any credit card processing fees) after an accounting of all recoverable expenses. Minimally, teams should expect that $50 of each team’s registration fee will be retained and considered nonrefundable in the event of a cancellation to cover tournament administrative fees.
To Enter Event:
- Visit AES to enter teams [Rosters are not required for tournament entry]
- Print and sign tournament entry form
- Submit entry form and payment via check or credit card through AES [All checks payable to "Triangle Volleyball Club", 121 Competition Center Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560]
- Team Selection Process: Teams are selected on a first come, first served basis.
- Girls 11/12u: 1 day (Saturday)
- GIRLS: 12U, 13U, 14U, 15U, 16U, 17-18U (3 day)
- BOYS: 14U (1 day, Sunday), 16U (2 day), 18U (2 day)
- Triangle reserves the right to offer an invitational division for selected age groups
- Teams must play within their age division [no playing up]
- Girls 11/12u: Raleigh Convention Center
- GIRLS: 12U, 13U, 14U, 15U, 16U, 17-18U: Raleigh Convention Center
- BOYS: 14U (1 day, Sunday), 16U (2 day), 18U (2 day): Triangle Volleyball Club*
*Boys divisions will be moved to Raleigh Convention center if space allows.
City of Oaks Challenge is sanctioned by USA Volleyball through the Carolina Region [CR teams note that the City of Oaks Challenge counts towards eligibility for CR Championships].
The junior girls 17s and 18s will play in a combined 17/18s division throughout the tournament. We use a power pool format in some girls’ divisions to allow the strongest teams quality matches right out of the gate on Saturday.
To the extent possible, teams will compete in 4-team pools. In the case where 3-team pools are needed due to division sizes, the following applies:
- Only one 3-team pool in the group: Teams will play 2 matches with 3 full sets to 25. This is considered 'match equivalent to 3.'
- Two or Three 3-team pools in the group: Team will play two regular matches (best 2 out of 3) and then have a cross-over match with another 3-team pool on Sat/Sun.
- TIE-BREAK MATCHES will be avoided. Ties will be broken using Set % > Point % > Coin Flip.
- Work Teams - will provide a scorekeeper, flipper, libero tracker, two line judges and an adult R2 for each of their work assignments.
Results at this time of year are limited. If your team has results, please make sure they are loaded into Advanced Event Systems [AES] as they will be considered for seeding.
Tournament Results and Schedule will be found on Advanced Event Systems (AES)
Team Check In
- Team Check In information will be provided at a later date.
- Players will not need credentials to enter the building with their team provided they are in uniform.
- Club Directors attending but not on a team roster can receive free entry. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we arrange entry.
Last Matches (multi-day divisions only): Check back for estimated last matches.
Athletic Training - Certified athletic trainers will be located at both the Raleigh Convention Center and Triangle Volleyball Club. All supplies used to treat injuries are free, but athlete’s requiring pre-competition taping must provide their own tape or will be charged a fee.
Coach Conduct - In the spirit of good sportsmanship and our role as adults to serve as proper role models for our youth we will simply not tolerate coach misconduct at our event. Actions like berating officials, work teams, tournament staff, athletes (your own or the opposing team) and any other behaviors that negatively impact the competitive experience for our participants and their guests will be grounds for removal from the event.
Downtown Raleigh Guest Information
Foodie Downtown Map, is a comprehensive list of downtown Raleigh restaurants that can be filtered based on cuisine style, price, delivery options, and more.