City of Oaks Challenge Spectator Information
COVID-19 Spectator Policy [NEW for 2021]
The 2021 City of Oaks Challenge will allow spectators at the event. Due to regulations by the city, there are limitations on how many will be able to attend. The following rules are current as of today (3/29), and may change as city and state guidelines are changed.
- We will be allowing two (2) spectators per rostered athlete present at the event. Maximum roster size is 12.
- Spectator entry is contingent on ALL spectators wearing a CDC compliant mask, covering both the nose and mouth at all times. No exceptions.
Tournament Results and Schedule will be found on Advanced Event Systems (AES).
Spectator Admission details will be provided closer to the event.
PLEASE READ OUR PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO DISCLAIMER HERE. Note: our policy is not meant to discourage individual photography/videography. Please use a monopod to avoid tripping hazards.
Tournament Livestream - BallerTv
The City of Oaks Challenge is excited to partner with BallerTV for 2021 to bring LIVE tournament streaming to families and spectators who are unable to attend in person. More details will be available closer to the event.
Travel to Raleigh
If you are traveling to Raleigh via car please check out this link about highway construction in the Raleigh area that might impact your travel schedule to Raleigh and the Raleigh Convention Center: http://www.visitraleigh.com/fortify/
- Event parking at the RCC is available throughout the downtown area for $10 (no in-and-out privileges). A full parking map of the downtown is available here.
- There is ample parking at Triangle Volleyball Club. Parking is only allowed in designated parking spots.
- Athletic trainers will be provided onsite throughout the event at both venues in case of emergency.
- Participants and spectators are covered by USAV's Secondary Sport Accident Policy. Be sure to secure an incident report prior to leaving the venue for any injuries that will require medical care.
Raleigh Convention Center
- The following rules apply to the Raleigh Convention Center
- Coolers, stadium chairs, large baggage, animals [service animals allowed], weapons, tobacco and e-cigarette products are not allowed inside or outside of the RCC (lobby, playing venue, sidewalks).
- Team 'camping' is prohibited by RCC however we have designated Mezzanine level rooms 201 and 202 for team hangout. Please keep room tidy and dispose of all trash. Rules above apply with regard to coolers and outside food. Thank you.
- VIDEOGRAPHY - Monopods only are allowed for filming to reduce tripping hazards for our spectators.
- No 'boom boxes' or portable speakers are allowed to be used inside the facility unless they are connected to headphones. 'Warm up music' broadcasted from a speaker or sound system is not allowed.
- Concessions for the City of Oaks Challenge are available on-site at RCC provided by Centerplate. No outside food or drink is allowed in the competition venue.
Triangle Volleyball Club
- For all spectator/visitor rules please click HERE
Want to know our staff's favorite places downtown? Check out our "Things to Do"