City of Oaks Challenge Spectator Information
Spectator Information (updated 6/28/22)
Local Guidance: Due to the constantly evolving nature of COVID-19, it is near impossible to predict how City of Oaks will be affected. Please check back frequently for updates
General Spectator Information:
- The Raleigh Convention Center will house majority of the courts.
- Triangle Volleyball Club will be used if needed.
- At the RCC, chairs around the courts are reserved for “current match” spectators. No athletes. No moving chairs. Spectators are not allowed to bring in chairs.
- At Triangle Volleyball club, spectator seating is NOT provided. Spectators should bring their own chair. They will be allowed to place their chair on an adjacent court to watch. NO FOOD OR DRINK ALLOWED ON THE COURTS.
COVID-19 Agreements & Acknowledgements: All attendees must abide by all COVID-19, event safety and tournament protocols; and acknowledge there are inherent risks associated with COVID-19 and public gatherings of any size. In addition, any person entering the premises waives all civil liability against the premises owner and event operator for any injuries caused by the inherent risk associated with contracting COVID-19 at public gatherings, except for gross negligence, willful and wanted misconduct, reckless infliction of harm, or intentional infliction of harm, by the individual or entity of the premises. Furthermore, by purchasing a ticket every spectator agrees to...
- To abide by all COVID-19, event safety and tournament protocols
- And that, any person entering the premises waives all civil liability against this premises owner and operator for any injuries caused by the inherent risk associated with contracting COVID-19 at public gatherings, except for gross negligence, willful and wanton misconduct, reckless infliction of harm, or intentional infliction of harm, by the individual or entity of the premises.
Spectator Ticketing Information
Ticket Information will be updated as it is available
In the spirit of good sportsmanship and our role as adults to serve as proper role models for our youth we will simply not tolerate misconduct at our event. Actions like berating officials, work teams, tournament staff, other spectators, etc. and any other behaviors that negatively impact the competitive experience for our participants and their guests will be grounds for removal from the event without warning.
USAV Purple Card - all Carolina Region sanctioned events employ the Purple Card Sanction Policy which allows officials to address misbehavior by spectators.
Tournament Results and Schedule will be found on Advanced Event Systems (AES) and available early in the week of the event.
Photography and Videography
PLEASE READ OUR PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO DISCLAIMER HERE. Note: our policy is not meant to discourage individual photography/videography. Please use a monopod to avoid tripping hazards.
The City of Oaks Challenge is partnering with BallerTV to provide livestreaming for all courts. This is a paid service.
Please visit the Raleigh Convention Center's page for more information on parking at the RCC.
Our guests are welcome to call on a Downtown Raleigh Ambassador to provide dining or entertainment recommendations, directions, help find your car, or provide a safe walk to a parking garage (be sure to know your parking deck name/location). This is a great option for athletes driving themselves to downtown Raleigh. CALL (not text): 919.368.7962. Ambassadors will be wearing a BLUE shirt with the word "AMBASSADOR" on the back with the Downtown Raleigh Alliance (DRA) logo on the front.
Athletic Training/Medical Insurance
- Athletic trainers will be provided onsite throughout the event at both venues in case of emergency.
- Participants and spectators are covered by USAV's Secondary Sport Accident Policy. Should you or your athlete regrettably have an injury that will require medical attention at our event, be sure to complete and secure a copy of the incident report prior to leaving the venue.
Raleigh Convention Center
- The following rules apply to the Raleigh Convention Center
- Coolers, stadium chairs, large baggage, animals [service animals allowed], weapons, tobacco and e-cigarette products are not allowed inside or outside of the RCC (lobby, playing venue, sidewalks).
- Team 'camping' is prohibited by RCC however we have designated Mezzanine level rooms 201 and 202 for team hangout. Please keep room tidy and dispose of all trash. Rules above apply with regard to coolers and outside food. Thank you.
- VIDEOGRAPHY - Monopods only are allowed for filming to reduce tripping hazards for our spectators.
- No 'boom boxes' or portable speakers are allowed to be used inside the facility unless they are connected to headphones. 'Warm up music' broadcasted from a speaker or sound system is not allowed.
- Concessions for the City of Oaks Challenge are available on-site at RCC provided by Centerplate. No outside food or drink is allowed in the competition venue.
Triangle Volleyball Club.
- Spectators must provide their own seating.
- No food and beverage allowed on playing surfaces.
- No camping or food tables allowed inside the facility.
- Vending machines on site for snacks and beverages
- The new WCC Cafe is located on property at the RCC with food prepared by Tribecca Tavern. This is a great option for athletes and their families. Online pre-orders are available and recommended.
- Foodie Downtown Map, is a comprehensive list of downtown Raleigh restaurants that can be filtered based on cuisine style, price, delivery options, and more.
- R-Line Downtown Circulator Bus
Travel to Raleigh
If you are traveling to Raleigh via car please check out this link about highway construction in the Raleigh area that might impact your travel schedule to Raleigh and the Raleigh Convention Center: https://www.ncdot.gov/projects/Pages/default.aspx