Thank you to all our 2018 event participants! We hope to see you back for our 2019 event!
City of Oaks Challenge: January 19-21, 2019
Triangle Volleyball Club proudly hosts the annual City of Oaks Challenge, situated in the vibrant downtown of Raleigh, North Carolina.
For tournament news and updates subscribe to the City of Oaks mailing list HERE.
- Facebook: HERE
- Instagram: @CityOaksChallenge_VB
The City of Oaks Challenge will play on 27 courts in Exhibit Halls A, B, and C of the Raleigh Convention Center [RCC] in downtown Raleigh. All Divisions will be played at the RCC.
500 South Salisbury St.
Raleigh, NC 27601
The City of Oaks Challenge is an Open Entry tournament [first come, first served] sanctioned by USAV/Carolina Region.
- Entry Fees:
- Junior Girls' - $650.00 per team.
- Junior Boys' - $175 [14U - one day event], $300 [16 & 18U - 2 day event] per team
- Registration opens in Advanced Event Systems [AES] October 10, 2017
- Hotels open October 12, 2017 via PSE
- Late Registration: December, 15, 2017.
- Roster Deadline: December 22, 2017
To Enter Event:
- Visit AES to enter teams [Rosters are not required for tournament entry]
- Print and sign tournament entry form
- Submit entry form and payment [All checks payable to "Triangle Volleyball Club", 9301-140 Globe Center Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560]
- Team Selection Process: Teams are selected on a first come, first served basis.
Refund Policy: A full refund will be given with written notice to Triangle Volleyball Club [email@example.com] if recieved by November 19th at 5PM. There will be no refunds for withdrawn or dropped teams after this date.
Teams that are not accepted into the event will be placed on a waitlist. Checks for waitlisted teams will be held until after the conlusion of the event or until the team formally withdraws.
- Junior Girls' Divisions offered are: 12U, 13U, 14U, 15U, 16U, and 17/18U
- Within each age group of junior girls City of Oaks Challenge [14U-18U] the top seeded teams will be power pooled beginning day 1
- Boys Divisions: 14U Boys [Sunday only], 16U Boys [Sat/Sun] and 18U Boys [Sat/Sun]
- Triangle reserves the right to offer an invitational division for selected age groups
- Teams must play within their age division [no playing up].
Tournament Format and Schedule
Teams will compete in pools [Days 1 and 2] followed by single elimination bracket play on Day 3. All teams are guaranteed 7 matches. First round pool schedules will be available in AES the week of tournament play.
WAVE SCHEDULE - UPDATED!
- 2018 WAVE SCHEDULE [as of 12/1/2017] below:
- AM WAVE [Begins at 8:00 AM] - 17-18s, 16s, 12s
- PM WAVE [Begins at 2:30 PM] - 15s, 14s, 13s,
- Boys divisions schedule as follows:
- 14s - Sunday only, PM wave [possible start time as early as noon]
- 16s - Saturday PM wave, Sunday AM wave
- 18s - Saturday PM wave, Sunday AM wave
Final play schedule will be available the week of the event through Advanced Event Systems.
Hotels - Open October 12, 2017
Hotel Information - 2018 City of Oaks Challenge (January 13-15, 2018)
City of Oaks Challenge has partnered with Pse Event Housing to provide attendees/groups with the lowest available hotel rates and a smooth booking experience.
Lowest Available Room Rates: View hotels and book online
The best hotels will book up quickly so please book well in advance.
Book by Phone: 888-417-6446
Email us at: https://pseeventhousing.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
This is NOT a Stay-to-Play event. Teams can plan to stay at a hotel of their choice, however, we have secured a quality booking service [PSE] to assist teams with accomodations. Note: PSE has secured ALL DOUBLES at the three downtown Raleigh hotels [Sheraton Raleigh, Residence Inn Raleigh Downtown and Marriott Raleigh City Center]. Additionally, teams choosing not to use the booking service are not guaranteed a tournament rate from area hotels.
DOORS WILL OPEN PROMPTLY AT 7 AM. Participants/Spectators will not be allowed into the RCC until 7 AM.
Admission Costs: $10 per day, $20 3-Day Pass, children 5 and under FREE.
Tickets can be purchased on Friday night (January 12th) from 6-9 PM on the mezzanine level of the RCC, or Saturday, Sunday, and Monday beginning at 7 AM adjacent to the Hall B entrance at the RCC. The RCC will open at 7 AM on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
PLEASE READ OUR PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO DISCLAIMER HERE
Travel to Raleigh
If you are traveling to Raleigh via car please check out this link about highway construction in the Raleigh area that might impact your travel schedule to Raleigh and the Raleigh Convention Center: http://www.visitraleigh.com/fortify/
Event parking at the RCC is available throughout the downtown area for $7 (no in-and-out privileges).
There will be a Martin Luther King, Jr. Day parade in downtown Raleigh on Monday, January 15th. Please allow additional time to travel downtown and find parking on this day. A map of the parade route and road closures around the Raleigh Convention Center can be found HERE.
All teams must check-in. Team check-in for ALL DIVISIONS is 7-9 PM on Friday evening and 7 AM-2 PM on Saturday in Room 204 on the mezzanine level of the RCC. Coaches will receive competition venue entrance credentials at team check-in. Teams will not be able to practice on Friday night at RCC.
City of Oaks Challenge is sanctioned by USA Volleyball through the Carolina Region [CR teams note that the City of Oaks Challenge counts towards eligibility for CR Championships].
The Carolina Region, along with many other USA Volleyball regions throughout the country, has adopted the Purple Card Sanction Policy for Spectators. This policy will be used at the City of Oaks Challenge and all Triangle Volleyball hosted events. For more information on the Puple Card Sanction Policy click HERE.
Coolers, stadium chairs, large baggage, animals [service animals allowed], weapons, tobacco and e-cigarette products are not allowed inside or outside of the RCC (lobby, playing venue, sidewalks). Team 'camping' is prohibited by RCC. Monopods only are allowed for filming.
No 'boom boxes' or portable speakers are allowed to be used inside the facility unless they are connected to headphones. 'Warm up music' broadcasted from a speaker or sound system is not allowed.
Concessions for the City of Oaks Challenge are available on-site at RCC provided by Centerplate. No outside food or drink is allowed in the competition venue.
Want to know our staff's favorite places downtown? Check out our "Things to Do"