2023/2024 Tryout Information
On the heels of a phenomenal 2022/2023 season where Triangle teams found tremendous success and drove Triangle to moving up 11 spots in the overal national rankings to 35th, we are poised for a successful 2023/2024 season. Families are encouraged to do their due diligence in selecting a club and understanding the schedules and costs associated with various teams/levels. Club volleyball is not recreational volleyball. What we seek to do at Triangle is to develop athletes to their highest potential with excellent coaching and nationally-recognized training. To learn more about the advantages of the Triangle club experience please read on...
CHECK OUT our TRYOUT-RELATED SCHEDULES
<PRE-TRYOUT OPEN GYMS, PARENT INFO SESSIONS, TRYOUT SCHEDULES>
Pre-Registration is REQUIRED for Pre-Tryout Gym Sessions in <OASYS SPORTS>
Due to high interest and in order to insure we don't exceed gym capacity we have set waitlist levels for some Pre-tryout gym sessions. If you attempt to register and see that we are in a waitlist status, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AGE-ELIGIBILITY: USA Volleyball, AAU and JVA all adopted revised age eligibility guidelines beginning last season <USAV Age Eligibility Definitions>
- Learn more about our talented and experienced coaching team:
- Be sure to CHECK OUT OUR AMAZING FACILITY
- History of Success qualifying teams at the Open level of USA Volleyball
CLUB PROGRAM GUIDES
Guides and Club payment schedules will be made available in advance of each tryout block.
- Block 1: 15 Girls | 16 Girls | 17 Girls | 18 Girls posted 7/27/23
- Block 2: Boys (all ages) posted 9/2/23
- Block 3: 11/12 Girls | 13 Girls | 14 Girls posted 8/31/23
CLUB FEES PAYMENT SCHEDULES:
- <GIRLS 15-18s Club Fees Payment Schedules>
- <GIRLS 11-14s Club Fees Payment Schedules>
- <BOYS Club Fees Payment Schedules>
MORE INFORMATION REGARDING TRYOUTS:
Parent Information Sessions:
- Boys: Thursday, September 28, 7-8:30pm, via Webex <JOIN MEETING>
- Girls 11-14s
JOIN US IN THE GYM: <REGISTER FOR PRE-TRYOUT GYM SESSIONS via Oasys Sports> registration for open gyms and tryouts will open July 1 for the 15-18s junior girls tryouts.
<TRYOUT REGISTRATION> NOW OPEN
TRYOUT FEESEARLY BIRD DEADLINES:
Tryout fees are non-refundable.
- GIRLS: 11s-18s $60pp (Early Bird*). Late: $90
- BOYS: all ages, $30pp (Early Bird*). Late: $50
- Girls' USAV 15s-18s: Wednesday, August 2 @ 10pm
- Boys' (all ages): Thursday, September 28 @10pm
- Girls' USAV 11-14s: Thursday, October 5 @ 10pm
- NOTE: Triangle tryouts are CLOSED to all spectators (including parents) except as follows:
- Girls ages 11-14s. Parents can enter during the final 30 minutes of the tryout session.
WHY CHOOSE TRIANGLE?
The reasons are many so check out...
- "Uniquely Triangle" advantages
- Talented and highly successful coaching staff.
- State-of-the-art indoor, dedicated volleyball facility on the Wake Competition Center campus specifically created for youth, collegiate, and professional sports.
- Extensive and award-winning Injury Prevention Program.
- On-site Physical Therapy Services by Trinity Wellness Center - members receive free injury screenings scheduled around practice times.
- Dedicated strength and conditioning area, classroom, abundant restrooms, full-service athletic training room, and open-air athlete 'locker' room.
- Three (3) high-quality outdoor beach courts are adjacent to the indoor facility and allow for cross training and beach volleyball development.
- These tangible differences and many more can be found by viewing "The Unique Triangle Experience"
- Recruiting and Alumni Information
- Proof Positive - read the facts and proven success that make Triangle the best choice for your club season.
- Questions? email@example.com
Fair Tryout Pledge
We commit to making every effort to avoid creating a direct conflict with athlete's high school season, the ending of their prior club season, and their desire to attend summer college camps for the purposes of training and recruitment. Therefore, having tryouts prior to the high school season is not intended to signal the official “start” of the club season.
With early tryouts there is little break for HS-aged club players leading volleyball to become a year-round sport. Our club season and approach in the fall will allow appropriate breaks to help combat burn-out and escalating injury risk, etc.
We seek to be good stewards of your investment in a competitive club experience. To that end we will bring to bear on that experience the following:
- a large and talented coaching staff with tremendous capability and breadth of experience to ensure Triangle athletes receive the best overall training needed to advance to the next level.
- team coaching staff assignments that provide a wide-range of positional competence with excellent coaching and playing experience.
- a competitive tournament schedule given available information at the time.
Financial Assistance Program [FAP]
Triangle recognizes that finances can play a critical role in the club decision-making process. In order for families to manage the financial commitment of club volleyball Triangle has a payment plan that allows fees to be paid in monthly increments over the course of the club season. Should the established payment plan still present a financial challenge for families Triangle will discuss the following options with families:
- Extended/Modified payment plan, and
- Triangle has board allocated FAP funds available for families of national team athletes [generally 15 & up] whose total household income prohibits participation in club volleyball.
Our FAP process includes an application and needs-based review process that relies on family income information, considers other factors such as academic performance, and requires approval by Triangle's Board of Directors.
NOTE: Inquiries for FAP must be done no less than two weeks in advance of tryouts. Inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. An inquiry or submission of an application does not guarantee that a FAP award will be granted.