- Our Mission & More
- CLUB LEADERSHIP
- WCC FACILITY
- TRIANGLE SERVES
- REN Athletics®
- NEWS (archive)
- City of Oaks Challenge
- MAPL Raleigh
- Carolina Pre-National
- 2023 TRYOUTS
You are here
Fries (pronounced "freeze") is a North Carolina native originally from Winnabow and has fifteen years experience at the NCAA Division I and II levels as an associate head coach, assistant coach, recruiting coordinator and volunteer assistant coach.
Fries (Batson) was an opposite hitter and four-year letter winner for Campbell University's Fighting Camels. She was voted MVP in 2002 and served as team co-captain in 2003. She earned academic all-conference honors all four years, graduating Magna Cum Laude in 2004 with a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training. Upon graduation Fries attended University of Florida where she earned a master's degree in sport management while also teaching volleyball physical education classes to undergraduate students. While in Gainesville she coached both club (Gainesville Juniors) and high school (Buchholz HS) volleyball and also served as an operations intern for the Florida Gators women's volleyball team in Spring 2006.
Fries began her collegiate coaching career at East Tennessee State (ETSU) serving as both an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator for five years. In 2010, Fries was instrumental in the Buccaneers 26-9 season which landed them in the A-Sun Conference tournament championship. Her recruiting efforts on behalf of the Buccanneers saw the 2010 ETSU Recruiting Class earning PrepVolleyball.com honorable mention among top recruiting classes.
From ETSU Fries went to Southern Illinois (Carbondale) where she served one year as an assistant coach before returning to North Carolina to serve as the assistant coach at Queens University of Charlotte. During her tenure at Queens she coached Triangle alum Elizabeth Bialkowski '12 and was promoted to Associate Head Coach in 2013. In 2013 Fries received AVCA's prestigious "Thirty under 30" award recognizing up and coming coaching talent at all levels in the sport. Fries served terms on AVCA's Assistant Coaches Committee and Division II subcommittee and was a member of the JVA subcommittee.
Most recently, Fries served her alma mater as Campbell's Director of Annual Giving in the Institutional Advancement department and as a volunteer assistant for Campbell's Women's Volleyball program. She and her husband Jared, live in Coats, NC with their two daughters Layla and Abigail.
- Fries was named to the American Volleyball Coaches Association’s “Thirty Under 30” award, which recognizes up-and-coming coaching talent at all levels of the sport. (2013)
- At ETSU, Fries served as Recruiting Coordinator when ETSU's 2010 recruiting class was named honorable mention "Top College Recruiting Classes" by PrepVolleyball.com.
- Fries helped lead the Royals to a 17-11 record in their first season in the South Atlantic Conference making program history with its first NCAA Tournament appearance. (2013)
- Campbell University - Volunteer Assistant, 5 seasons (ending Fall 2021)
- Queens University of Charlotte - Associate Head Coach (3 seasons)
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale - Assistant Volleyball Coach (1 season)
- East Tennessee State University - Assistant Volleyball Coach (5 seasons)
- University of Florida - Operations Intern (1 season)
- Triangle Volleyball Club - Head and Assistant Coach (14s)
- Carolina Peak Volleyball Academy (Charlotte) - Club Director, 2 seasons
- Kingsport Volleyball Club (Kingsport, TN) - Head Coach, 10-13s (5 seasons)
- Gainesville Juniors (Gainesville, FL) - Head Coach, 16-17s (2 seasons)
- MS Sports Management (University of Florida)
- BS Athletic Training (Campbell University)