- 2024 TRYOUTS
- Tryout Schedule
- City of Oaks Challenge
- MAPL Raleigh
- Carolina Pre-National
- 2024 TRYOUTS
- Tryout Schedule
You are here
Michelle Panzl '10
Since joining the Triangle staff in 2011, Panzl (Fadool) has served as a student apprentice coach, assistant coach, and national team head coach in the 13-17s age groups. As a head coach Panzl has had two appearances in National Qualifier Gold division finals with 17 White (2017) and 14 White (2014). In 2021 while assistant coaching 16 Black and also assuming the head coach role for Triangle 14 Blue, Panzl helped lead 14 Blue to 5th place finish in the USA division at Sunshine Qualifier, a 1st place finish in the Red division at MAPL Hampton and a 2nd place finish in the 14s division at City of Oaks Challenge.
Panzl is one of Triangle's PowerCore 360® certified instructors and along with Coach Robin Bugg leads development and delivery of Triangle's PowerCore 360® curriculum. Panzl also serves as Triangle's Director of Athlete Health, Wellness and Injury Prevention for Triangle Volleyball Club. She serves as the on-site licensed physical therapist with Trinity Wellness Center where she specializes in orthopedics and sports medicine for Triangle athletes and coaching staff, their family members, and any other personal referrals. As an FMS™ Level 1 and 2 Certified screener, Panzl also organizes and oversees all annual FMS™ evaluations and initiatives.
Panzl (Fadool) was a redshirt freshman at Wingate University prior to transferring to UNC for her sophomore year. Panzl played five years for Triangle as a middle blocker/opposite hitter and during her senior year she was a member of the 18 Black team that “double-qualified” for USAV Junior Nationals in the Open Division. Panzl also helped Cardinal Gibbons High School earn two state championships in 2007 and 2009 where she earned all-conference honors her junior and senior year. During her junior year Panzl was co-recipient of Triangle’s esteemed Board Award.
In 2022, Panzl was selected as one of 100 coaches nationally (all sports) as a Regional Winner for the PCA Double-Goal Coach® Award.
Panzl graduated from UNC Chapel Hill in August 2014 with a dual degree in Exercise and Sports Science and Psychology. In 2019, she graduated from Elon's Doctor of Physical Therapy program and is on staff at Trinity Wellness Center in Raleigh. She and her husband Joe and their dog Shadow live in North Raleigh.
SIGNIFICANT PLAYING ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Panzl redshirted at Division II powerhouse Wingate University before injury ended her competitive career.
- Played for five years at Triangle Volleyball Club as a middle blocker/opposite hitter and helped 18 Black "double-qualify" for USAV Junior Nationals in the Open Division.
- Starred at legendary Cardinal Gibbons High School, where she was a co-captain her senior season and won two state championships in 2007 and 2009.
SIGNIFICANT COACHING ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Selected as one of 100 Regional Winners for the 2022 Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) Double-Goal Coach® Award presented by TeamSnap
- Joined the Triangle staff in 2011 and has served as an assistant coach and national team head coach in the 13s, 14s, 15s and 17s age groups, including as an assistant for 15 Black in 2018.
- Led 2017 17 White and 2014 14 White to the Northeast Qualifier American Division Gold division finals [2nd place finish].
- Certified Triangle PowerCore 360® instructor and leads development and delivery of the PC360 curriculum, designed to help athletes attack safer and harder.