MAPL Team Acceptance: MAPL Raleigh is NOT an open entry tournament where team acceptance is done on a first-come, first-served basis. Alternatively, acceptance criteria is based on team performance relative to strength of field and rests strongly on performance history and strength of a teams' competition schedule. TEAMS MUST COMPLETE A PRE-ACCEPTANCE SURVEY which is used to assist the MAPL Competition Committee with team acceptance criteria. To complete the survey visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MAPLearly.
MAPL Raleigh tournament registration OPENS in AES on November 1, 2020.
TEAM STATUS DESIGNATIONS:
- PENDING - upon registration and until acceptance decisions are made teams will be listed as 'PENDING'.
- ACCEPTED - once the MAPL Competition Committee determines the field, accepted teams into the event field will be listed as 'ACCEPTED'.
- WAITLISTED - teams not accepted will be moved to a 'WAITLISTED' status once the tournament field is complete. The only way a 'waitlisted' team will play in the event is if a team drops and they are the next team on the list to be accepted. Teams may opt to NOT be waitlisted by notifying the committee and withdrawing from the event. They will not forfeit their entry fee is they withdraw from a 'waitlisted' status.
BATTLE OF THE BROS TEAM ACCEPTANCE: Payment is required to secure tournament entry. Checks should be payable to 'Triangle Volleyball Club' and will not be cashed until a team is 'accepted' into this event. Teams accepted on a first-come, first-served basis once registration and payment is received. Refunds will not be given once a team has been accepted.
ROSTERS: Teams are permitted to register for the event without rosters. However, in order to ensure that coaches, team representatives, etc. receive vital tournament information via AES email it is imperative that rosters be loaded into AES as soon as possible. ROSTER DEADLINE: Jan. 23, 2020
FORMAT: Teams play in mixed age divisions. BLACK [16-18's]; BLUE [14-16's], and RED [13-14's]. It is typical that less than 10-16's teams play in the BLACK division and less than 10-14's teams play in the BLUE division. Seeding will rely primarily on results as found in AES. It is each team's responsibility to maintain their results in AES for seeding purposes.
For 2021, a COVID-19 friendly format will be adopted and more information will be provided closer to the event.
LOCATION: Divisions are located at the following locations:
- Black Division [16u-18u Girls], Blue Division [14u-16u Girls], Red Division [13u-14u] - Downtown at the Raleigh Convention Center
- Boys 14u & 16u-18u - Triangle Volleyball Club, 121 Competition Center Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560
REFUND POLICY: A full refund will be given with written notice to Triangle Volleyball Club [email@example.com] if received by December 11 at 5 PM. There will be no refunds for withdrawn or dropped teams after this date.
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY: In the event that MAPL Raleigh/Battle of the Bros is cancelled due to public health guidance or executive order relating to COVID-19, Triangle Volleyball Club and the MAPL Raleigh/Battle of the Bros tournament staff will make every effort to refund the majority of each team’s entry fee (less any credit card processing fees) after an accounting of all recoverable expenses. Minimally, teams should expect that $25 of each team’s registration fee will be retained and considered nonrefundable in the event of a cancellation to cover tournament administrative fees.
HOTELS: This is NOT a Stay-to-Play event*. MAPL Raleigh is NOT a Stay-to-Play event. Triangle Volleyball Club has partnered with Team Travel Source to secure hotel room blocks at reduced rates for tournament participants. For more information on hotels, click HERE.