With the increased prevalence and infectiousness of the Delta variant of COVID-19, any scenario in which people who are not fully vaccinated gather together poses a risk for COVID-19 transmission. As a point of reference for our internal guidelines, we have referred to the NCDHHS Interim Guidance for Administrators and Participants of Youth and Amateur Sports Programs. Please note these policies could change depending on current case numbers and changing guidance as we approach the 2021/2022 Club season.
- We continue to REQUIRE MASKING INSIDE Triangle* (whether you are vaccinated or not). <TRIANGLE MASKING POLICY>This is for several reasons:
- The case numbers are continuing to rise. Of high concern is the level of increase among children, especially among those not eligible for vaccination.
- Our main demographic, athletes 18 & under, are less likely to be fully vaccinated and some (under the age of 12) are not able to be vaccinated.
- We want to do whatever we can to reduce the likelihood of transmission in our gym and quarantine of athletes.
- In many areas in NC masks are required in schools, camps and child care settings, emphasizing the need to continue to protect youth populations.
- We have no plans to monitor those entering the door for vaccine status or prior COVID-19 infection.
- NON-PARTICIPANTS will need to observe exclusively from the second floor Mezzanine area. Seating is not provided, but you are able to bring your own seating. We ask that members refrain from bringing in young children who are mobile and require supervision as the mezzanine space is limited and there are dangers associated with having open seating in the space and unsupervised children moving about.
- OUR TEAMS and TRAVEL - we will make decisions on masking and social-distancing requirements while traveling and competing at events as trips get closer. We will have to rely on local guidance and how COVID-19 cases are trending in those decisions.
- STAY VIGILANT as COVID-19 is still around. We ask that you continue to monitor daily your family's, and in particular, your athlete's health. Do not dismiss the development of any symptoms associated with COVID-19 and seek PCR testing as soon as possible if symptoms develop.
- We encourage anyone not yet vaccinated to strongly consider getting vaccinated. Note: Triangle does not require vaccination of its athletes or staff however, we do support the recommendations of public health experts to vaccinate all eligible individuals.