EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2019 - New location at the Wake Competition Center!
We are conveniently located in the heart of the triangle (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill). Our new gym is at the Wake Competition Center in Morrisville just south of I-40 off Aviation Parkway.
NEW ADDRESS: 121 Competition Center Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560. If you cannot find on GPS/Google try 103 Nova Drive. BE SURE TO CONFIRM THAT YOUR GPS IS NOT TAKING YOU TO OUR OLD LOCATION DESPITE IDENTIFYING IT AS OUR NEW ADDRESS.
The WCC has ample parking including a large overflow lot. Please only park in designated parking areas and not street-side.
- There is a drop-off zone in front of the facility for your convenience. Absolutely no stopping, parking or waiting is allowed in the drop-off zone.
- NO recreational vehicles (RVs) or tailgating in the WCC parking lots.
- Tent set up may be allowed in designated areas depending on conditions at the WCC. Please look for signage designating these areas.
- Do not block access to trash receptacles or risk towing at your expense.
- Handicapped parking is by permit only provided the individual for whom the permit was issued is in attendance. Parking in handicapped areas without a permit or without the permitted individual with you is subject to a $100-$250 penalty and may result in towing.
- The WCC is an active construction site. Please be aware of your surroundings and exercise caution.
Athletic Trainer/First Aid
With rare exception Triangle will have an athletic trainer on site for sanctioned tournaments*. The trainer will be located in Triangle's training room (located in the central spine of the building off courts 3 and 6). Those requiring pre-play taping should bring their own tape of plan to pay for tape.
- Ice is available free of charge and there are two ice machines located near the training room on both sides of the gym
- Crutches are available on site to borrow. These items must be returned to Triangle within reasonable time.
- There is an AED and emergency first aid kit located in the central hall of our facility near the restrooms.
*the adoption of an adult spectator fee by the Carolina Region Board of Directors has allowed us to provide an athletic trainer for Carolina Region one-day tournaments
Our facility will be staffed and ready to open at 8 AM for all Carolina Region Tournaments. For your safety and the comfort of all our guests, please adhere to the following policies:
- SPECTATOR VIEWING & VIDEOGRAPHY:
- No sport chairs* are allowed anywhere in the facility.
- Bleacher seating only is available on the first floor with endline viewing.
- Standing room only spectator viewing is available on our mezzanine (2nd level). No seating is provided on the mezzanine and no seating of any kind is allowed on the mezzanine level for safety reasons.
- All walkways and paths of egress should remain clear at all times.
- The Carolina Region Participant/Spectator Behavior Policy applies to all and we will utilize the CR "Purple Card"
- All videography must be taken from the mezzanine level. No exceptions.
- *should a person's physical condition or disability require special seating please talk with our gym attendant who will be happy to assist you.
- FOOD | TENTS | TEAM CAMPING
- Tents are allowed on property with the following exceptions:
- Tents cannot be located in the front of the building.
- Tents CANNOT occupy any parking spaces or block sidewalk traffic.
- Tents must be secured. Any damage (cars, etc) or injuries suffered due to tents will be the responsibility of the owner.
- No food tables or coolers allowed in facility. We do allow participants and spectators to bring in food for their own consumption provided they clean up after themselves.
- No glass containers inside or around the facility.
- While there is ample space for our guests we do not allow 'camping' (i.e. blankets on the floor, etc.) for the safety of all our guests.
- Tents are allowed on property with the following exceptions:
- NO SMOKING is allowed inside or outside within 50' of building.
- Alcohol possession or consumption is strictly prohibited at all Triangle-hosted events. Anyone found with alcohol will be immediately dismissed from the event along with their athlete.
- No 'boom boxes' or portable speakers are allowed to be used inside the facility unless they are connected to headphones. 'Warm up music' broadcasted from a speaker or sound system is not allowed.
- ATHLETES | COURT AREAS
- Participants only (players, coaches, officials) in proper athletic footwear on playing surface. This rule applies to shagging balls during warm ups.
- Water only (no food or sports drinks) allowed on playing surface.
- Athletes are asked to store bags/backpacks in cubbies on mezzanine level or in designated overflow storage space.
- All children MUST be supervised by a parent or guardian. We do not have a play area designated for non-participant children.
- No ball handling is allowed anywhere in the facility except on court by participants.
- We have a trainer's room with first aid supplies. Only when indicated will an athletic trainer be available for treating injuries.
- An AED (Automated External Defibrillator) is located in the main hallway.
- Ice is available for injuries.
- No fire pits, propane heaters, grills, or other portable heating devices are allowed at the Wake Competition Center.
- Please RECYCLE and use provided trash receptables for all non-recyclable items.
- Please let an attendant know if trash receptacles or restrooms need attention.
- Please keep up with your personal belongings, Triangle cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items. A lost & found items are generally stored in the foyer area but only retained for a short time before being donated or disposed of.
- Authorized staff only in office area and other areas as indicated.
Should area weather cause a facility closure or delay of Triangle gym activities we will post notice of such on the front page of our website and our social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram). Please note that in some cases where conditions vary across the area, activities at the gym may be made 'optional' for participants. Regardless of whether and event or activity is cancelled or delayed, families should use their best judgment in these situations as conditions can vary widely across our region.
When weather affects Carolina Region-hosted tournaments at Triangle, we will work with the Carolina Region commissioner to determine if the event should be canceled or delayed. Notification will be on Triangle's website and the Carolina Region website in these cases.
Our VolleyShop is open during tournament play and has available volleyball shoes, equipment, and apparel.
- Please see attendant on duty to make purchase(s)
- We accept cash, checks and credit cards [VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover]
- Snack and beverage vending machines on site. Operated by Canteen - Triangle cannot service or access these machines.
Lodging Near Triangle
Many hotels are located within several miles of Triangle. Triangle has established rates well below market for its visitors at several sponsor hotels.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites - RDU/RTP; Contact Hotel Directly, 919-468-2660
- Fairfield Inn & Suites - RDU/Brier Creek; Contact: 919-246-0107
- TownePlace Suites - Cary/Weston Pkwy; Contact Hotel Directly, 919-678-0005
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP/Research Triangle; Contact: 919-474-9900
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites RTP; Contact Hotel Directly, 919-474-9800
Contact these hotels directly and request the “Triangle Volleyball Club rate” should you require an overnight stay.
Where to Eat, Shop & Enjoy
Our facility is located near many shopping centers which feature numerous retail and restaurant options.